The types of social care provision and trusts

In England there is an estimated 21,900 organisations that are involved in providing and organising social care for adults and an estimated number of 48,300 establishments that employ adult social care staff in proving and organising such service. These adult social care organisations are growing and increasing over the years as the number of jobs in the service is growing in the workforce.

In general, there are three key elements in the provision within the social care sector:

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!

order now

* Statutory;

* Voluntary;

* Private.

Statutory care provision means that the type of care is provided by the government, such as the NHS for the UK. These involve general and regional hospitals and also primary care trusts.

Voluntary provisions include national and local charities. The national charities are funded by people all around the nation and can be worldwide as well. They can include major providers that support people who are in need of care alongside their families in the UK to improve their lives. However, a local charity is done on a smaller scale and helps care services in the local area, for example a hospice.

Private provisional care means the care is provided to the patient directly while they pay at the time of the service. Many private and independent practises are available all around the country that only offers their services on a private base which patients have to pay for.

Social services

These are organisations that help people who are in need. It offers many different types of services and this can range from supporting people who have suffered from abuse to people who are financially in trouble. Each individual area has their own organisation of social service which offers services for the local area and are controlled by the local authority.

It offers services to many people, including:

* Families and children;

* People with financial issues;

* People with disabilities;

* People with psychological difficulties and disorders;

* People with housing difficulties including the homeless;

* Old people that may need help with daily activities.

Social services also work alongside other services and organisations such as:

* Hospitals – patients can be referred to social services is the doctor or nurse is concerned about their safety;

* Health care centres;

* Educational settings;

* Community centres;

* Advice centres – for example the Citizens Advice Bureau;

* Police.

NHS – National Health Service

The NHS is responsible for all health services available in England and Wales and has a policy which states that good healthcare should be available to all citizens regardless of their wealth status. They are funded through national taxation. Almost all its services are free, apart from the charges for some prescriptions and optical and dental services.

Care trusts

These are developed when the combination of local authorities and NHS organisations unite to provide more effective and suitable services to users, patients and carers. They can provide many services, including primary care, social care and mental health services.

Mental health trusts

Services from mental health trusts can be provided through a GP, specialist care or primary care services. These services involve counselling, psychological therapies, general health screenings and community and family support. Individuals who suffer from depression, stress or anxiety or are experiencing bereavement can receive help and support from primary care or informal community support. They can be referred to more specialist care in case they are in need of more support.

Integrated care

This means both health and care services are working together to provide individuals with the right care and treatment needed. Their aim is to help people remain on control of their life and live independently.

This type of care involves care services run by nurses for patients suffering from diabetes and heart failure who are settled outside a hospital setting. There are also cross-organisational services available for drug users who suffer from a range of other problems which affect their lives, such as housing or education. The decision of what health treatment or social care support should be provided is then taken by clinical staff who use their professional judgment.

Children’s trust

These trusts involve all professionals that are involved in working with children and who are doing this to get an impression of what the child needs. Their aims are to overcome professional barriers and to improve all services. Information is shared across services like schools, doctors, social workers and other services that the child might be involved with to assure them of what is being done to the child and to make them aware of their needs in order to help them. A priority by doing this is to also listen to the views and opinions on the children.