PROJECTMANAGEMENT PROCESS GROUPS :-· The term “process” means the series of tasks which hasto be executed to achieve an output. · So, in an organization, in the development of anyproject, these processes play a crucial role in it’s execution.· It’s the processes, which are executed in achronological order or simultaneously according to the requirement of any otherfunction that are interdependent on each other. · So, for any project management, there are variousprocess groups which help in the successful execution of it.· They are as follows :-Ø InitiatingprocessØ PlanningprocessØ ExecutingprocessØ Monitoringand Controlling processØ ClosingprocessDIAGRAM:- WORKING :-1.
INITIATINGPROCESS :- · This process takes place at every stage of the projectdevelopment· Here, the goals and the project is defined in brief.· This happens at the start of the project· This process is important for the clarity of the workbeing done by the employees of the organization.· Things taken care here are project charter andstakeholder registration.
2. PLANNINGPROCESS :-· This process is all dependent on the initiatingprocess of the project.· Here, the whole project development is divided intoparts which is then distributed to various departments for the execution.· Things taken care under this are the documents that boundscope, list of requirements, documents providing estimation of the cost of theproject and other further analysis.· This process is important because a productdevelopment has various parts to be taken care of. So, for the scheduledexecution under supervision, planning is the process which makes sure that thishappens.· This also has the discussion of the project team,because the delivering of the complete product is the goal which can beachieved by having a proper team.· This also includes devising and maintaining a workablescheme, which will help in meeting the demands of the organization.
· This is the most important process as the wholeexecution of the product is based on this planning, so a little mistake herecan lead to any amount of loss to the organization. 3. EXECUTINGPROCESS :-· This process is just the development of the plannedthings of the product development.· Here, all the plans and maps which have been framedare executed.· This process is all dependent on the planning process,as whatever has been planned for the project is executed here.· Here we have to deal with the programming tools andlanguages for the development.
· Here, continuous updates are very important. 4. MONITORINGAND CONTROL:-· As the product is being made, in between its course,meetings are very important.· This is because there can be many updates or changesfrom the client which cannot be avoided. So they also have to be considered.· Apart from just client requirements, there has to beproper control over the development of the product.· This makes it easy for the other departments to move correctlywith their role of the development as we know that they are all interdependenton each other.
· Here, all the reports are being made and the analysisis done.· There are a lot of team meetings which helps in thefurther planning of the upcoming weeks.· The client is also updated here all the time. 5. CLOSING PROCESS:-· This defines that the project has been endedsuccessfully.
· Here, the project acceptance is done by the client andthe organization signs off from the project.· Although continuous updates and feedbacks arewelcomed. · Here the project manager takes care of the finalpayments to be made and files a document stating the lessons being learnt andarchiving the records of the work being done by the organization.